Q: Q: Overheating

Hello. My car is overheating. We checked the thermostat. There's hot water going through the hose so my husband doesn't think that's the problem we flushed the heater core hose . I was wondering if the thermostat could still be bad if there's water going through the hose . It overheats fast if I drive 2 min in idle 5 min. The head didn't go we checked. I was hoping that you might have any other ideas of what it could be . Thank you

If the engine overheats in the first 5 to 7 minutes of running then you most likely have a water pump that is not circulating fluid or the thermostat is stuck in the closed position. You should start and run the engine for 5 minutes and see if the upper and lower hoses are getting hot. If they are then your thermostat is opening. If the top radiator hose does not get hot and allow radiator flow through the radiator then it is stuck closed and need replaced. Also check the radiator can flow coolant in all the cores using a laser pointing thermometer. Replace radiator if some cores are not hot.

3. Q: Overheating