Q: bought 95 ford f150 with 3k miles has a aftermarket theft system that is causing it to not start I payed $400 was it a wast of $

asked by on July 24, 2017

Just bought a 95Ford f150 with 300000 miles on it there is a problem with a aftermarket anti theft system causing the truck not to start i payed $400.00 for it did I waste my $? should I have never bought it ? what can I do to fix it? how much will it cost

Most aftermarket anti-theft systems will just cut the start wire near the ignition switch on the steering column near the bottom. All you need to do is locate where they cut the wire in two and put in alarm wires to the two cut pieces and remove alarm wires and reconnect start wire together. Then locate alarm box and disconnect it. This will disable the alarm and allow the vehicle to start. If you have power door locks and the system is wired into the locks then look in left drivers side kick panel and re connect any cut wires the same way. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic will charge you about 2 hours to do this for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr