Q: New ignition lock cylinder and assembly installed but won't start up?

I just installed a new ignition lock cylinder assembly, it came with keys and when I put the key in it turns, the dash lights all light up and when I try to start the car it doesn't start but cranks. I also replaced my fuel pump and assembly also. I'm getting great fuel pressure, good spark, and it wants to start but doesn't, why won't the car start, I noticed that the security light blinks when I try starting it, what's going on?

Your car thinks you are trying to steal it so it is not activating the fuel injectors. Modern cars have security systems that communicate with the key via a chip inside the key, but in 1990, I don’t think your car is quite that sophisticated. Before you try anything else, try a simple re-boot. Close and lock the doors, if you have a remote, use that. Wait a few moments, then unlock the doors, get in the car, close the door and try to start the car. If that doesn’t do the trick, you may need help from someone with a Nissan Designated scanner to read the security system. It may even need to be programmed for a new key. You can have that done by contacting Your Mechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Nissan right there on the spot.

3. New ignition lock cylinder and assembly installed but won't start up?