Q: Security system keeping my vehicle from starting.

So my friend borrowed my impala he took it to the mall when he finished shopping he pressed the alarms to find the car then left parked at my place and when I wanted to start it it would flash security now my car won't start

Hi there. Try turning on the ignition switch for 5 seconds then turn it off, but do not start the engine. Do this step 3 times and then the computer will acknowledge the key chip and should allow you to start the engine. If you need further assistance with your alarm being tripped, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.