Q: I have a VW Polo Classic 1.6. Wipers are wiping about 5 to 10 cm and stop. What would be a problem?

Hi. My VW Polo Classic 1.6, wipers are not working well, they just move about 5 or 10 cm, not effective at all. What would be a problem?

Hi. This usually means there is a problem with the wiper transmission being worn-out or the place were the wiper arm attaches is worn-out, too. The wiper motor turns the wiper transmission, which allows the wiper blades to wipe the window. The moving parts of the wiper transmission wear out over time causing the problem you have. Replacing the wiper transmission should fix this problem. To have this taken care of, consider YourMechanic, as we have professionals that can inspect your wiper system and follow through with the right repairs.

3. I have a VW Polo Classic 1.6. Wipers are wiping about 5 to 10 cm and stop. What would be a problem?