Q: When I crank my car the at light comes on then disappears

When I turn my car it says at check then disappears? Is that something I need to be worried about? Oreillys did the check test on my car and found nothing? Plz help

Hi There, When you turn the key to the on position prior to turning the engine over, the AT light may come on for a few seconds as the car is running through a series of system checks. This is normal and should not be anything to be concerned about, unless the light stays on after the vehicle is started and does not turn off. The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the transmission in your vehicle. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. When I crank my car the at light comes on then disappears