Q: Oil pan gasket leak

The oil pan gasket leaks, and I get an error code p0011 on my 2009 Nissan Rogue. It feels like it will stall when in idle.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

From the provided description, it sounds like your Nissan Rogue is experiencing a few different concerns. Let us address the concern with the oil leak first. If you are 100% sure that the oil pan is leaking, it is best to have this leak repaired as soon as possible. The oil in your engine is like the blood in your veins, you need a finite amount of clean oil flowing through the engine at all times to ensure the engine functions properly. Anything missing due to a leak is dangerous to the health of the car.

In regards to the Rogue’s code, P0011, this a reading referring to the camshaft position on the car. Many newer cars are equipped with engines that can electronically adjust valve timing to maximize both power and fuel economy while driving. When I have encountered this code it is usually due to dirty and/or low oil. If there is not a continuous flow of oil into the variable cam timing (VCT) chamber, then timing can’t adjust accordingly. My advice would be to have a certified mechanic help you locate your oil leak and have your oil filter and oil replaced. Once the known issues are removed from the equation, a scanner can be used to monitor the VCT during a test drive to determine if the issue has been corrected or if further attention is needed.