Q: My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear. Is it my brake pads?

My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear.

A: It sounds like you may have two different p...

It sounds like you may have two different problems. The first is a bad or leaking brake booster or another brake problem causing you to push the brakes harder than normal.

The second problem is a transmission shifting issue. Being stuck in second gear may be a linkage problem or an internal problem that would require a transmission mechanic to test the pressures to see if the problem can be fixed or if the transmission needs overhauled.

I'd recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic. They will be able to confirm my suspicions about your brake pedal and check out the issue with your gears