Q: My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear. Is it my brake pads?

My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear.

It sounds like you may have two different problems. The first is a bad or leaking brake booster or another brake problem causing you to push the brakes harder than normal.

The second problem is a transmission shifting issue. Being stuck in second gear may be a linkage problem or an internal problem that would require a transmission mechanic to test the pressures to see if the problem can be fixed or if the transmission needs overhauled.

I’d recommend having your vehicle inspected by a certified mechanic. They will be able to confirm my suspicions about your brake pedal and check out the issue with your gears

3. My brakes are hard to press and it's stuck under 2nd gear. Is it my brake pads?