Q: overfilled transmission fluid

When my father was working on my car a few weeks ago, he told me I've overfilled the transmission fluid and I've checked it myself. I just didn't know what is a good way to return it back to normal?

I'm also curious behind the reason - I had my transmission fluid change in Colorado before I moved to California, and it was by a very highly-reputed autoshop. Could it be possibly caused by the altitude change?

You will need to have the excess fluid sucked out of the transmission so it is not overfull through the fill tube. Most mechanics have a suction tool that can pull out the excess fluid for you. The transmission may have been overfilled during service.

3. overfilled transmission fluid