Q: While driving back from the next city, I heard a rather loud flapping noise coming from behind the doghouse.

I was only about 20 mins into driving on the way highway, windows down and the music on pretty loud, when this loud, flapping noise started coming from under the dog house. Could also hear it like crazy from my drivers side window. I pulled over and took a quick visual scan of the fan belt; Fan belt is like new... I drove back home and parked it. Started it up a couple hours later to try to figure out the noise, and the flapping noise comes and goes, faintly. So now I'm pretty much at a loss. I have no clue what the sound is. Side note: My van is also equipped with A/C. I appreciate all the help anyone will give!

Hi there. The flapping noise you are hearing from behind the doghouse, could prove to be, difficult to diagnose. Temperature may be affecting the severity of the noise. Removing the doghouse may be helpful in isolating the noise. There are so many things that might be making this noise in your case. To avoid making unnecessary repairs, I recommend having your vehicle’s flapping noise diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. While driving back from the next city, I heard a rather loud flapping noise coming from behind the doghouse.