Q: Diagnostic code read o2 sensor bad, replaced o2 sensor, cleared code but engine light came back on, is it caused by bad air filter

I recently jump started my boyfriends 2001 Honda Civic which resulted in my engine light coming on the same night. Did a diagnostic text code p2270 came up, bad o2 sensor was replaced. Next day check engine light came on again, did another diagnostic test and same code came up,p2270. The only noticeable sign from my car is rattling noise and rough vibration of engine only stopped at a red light. The noise goes away after I drive my car for a while. Could this be a bad catalytic converter or just simply a bad air filter causing my o2 sensor to be bad again. Also I just recently replaced my PCM, coil packs and spark plugs. No other code shows up besides bad o2 sensor

A: Hello there. Typically jump starting a vehi...

Hello there. Typically jump starting a vehicle doesn't trigger an OBD-II error code. However, one of the most common misdiagnosis issues with the P-2270 is replacing the O2 sensor before diagnosing if there are any exhaust leaks. Obviously, you'll want to check for the exhaust leaks first, repair the damaged component, and then clear the codes before scanning the vehicle again. Sometimes the electrical harness attached to the O2 sensor is damaged or dirty which will also trigger this error code. The noise and vibration may be an indicator of a loose exhaust pipe, which may be the source of the error code staying on. If you need any help, have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your Check Engine Light and make the necessary repairs.