Q: Warning code P0340

My car is getting code P0340, Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit.

The camshaft sensor is a 3 wire sensor. Power and ground need to be checked and the signal wire can be scoped to see if a signal is present as the engine is running. Generally, the camshaft sensor itself is at fault and would need to be replaced, but other possible issues include: faulty wiring, Engine Computer, or a damaged sensor wheel. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose the camshaft sensor fault and make the repair.

3. Warning code P0340