Q: Steering/ front end vibration at high speeds

When I got the car I was told the struts were bad and needed to be replaced. The new set actually came with the car. The only symptom was the steering wheel would shake when I reached 50 and at 65 stopped. Really wasn't that bad the faster I made it to 65 it was over anyway. Braking didn't affect it at all. After a while it got worse as far as it would shake at a slower speed. I first changed the drivers side strut. I know you should do both but that's the side it seems to come from and I was in a hurry do to my busy work schedule. No change so I rotated my tires still no change it just got worse where it started at 40 to 70 so I just stopped driving it. I have checked everything. Lower and upper control arms tie rods everything I shook everything in every direction and nothing seems bad. I had someone follow and watch for tire wobble and there's none. Tires all look good no wear it's not toed in either direction. Any ideas?

A: Hey there. I would recommend checking your ...

Hey there. I would recommend checking your intermediate shaft from the steering wheel to the rack and pinion. If the joint on your intermediate shaft has failed, this can cause the steering wheel to shake at certain speeds. If the intermediate shaft joint has failed, the entire intermediate shaft will require replacement to resolve this issue. I would certainly recommend having this repair performed by a professional because the alignment of these parts is crucial to the vehicles performance and handling. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to inspect your steering and suspension and advise you on any needed repairs.