Q: Car is struggling to turn over

I recently replaced my starter and my battery and yet it still struggles to turn over. Do I need to do a tune up? Or what else could be the issue?

Hello. Thanks for writing in. To start, lets determine what you mean by "struggling to turn over". Does it sound like the starter is working at its prime, and the problem is with the engine? Or does the starter lag as if its not getting enough power? If you believe the starter is to blame, you want to check the connections. This will include the battery cables, both positive and negative. Make sure you check the ground connection and make sure it is clean, dry, and tight. You will want to make sure the cables and wires are relatively free from corrosion. If you believe the engine is to blame, that is the starter is turning just fine, then you need to turn your attention to the fuel, air, and spark systems. The starting problem needs to be looked at with a little more detail.

3. Car is struggling to turn over