Q: Engine management light

The engine management light came on a few weeks ago, I took it to the garage where they said the problem was the spark plugs which they replaced and said it's fine now. The engine light has now reappeared?

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the code that was pulled pertained to the spark plugs and ignition system, then the issue may be related to the spark plug wires rather than the plugs themselves. Thsee can be inspected visually for obvious damages, or they can be tested with a multimeter. The other option is to rescan the vehicle and make sure the same cause made the light illuminate. There may be a separate issue entirely from the first happening showing at the same time. It’s difficult to say without without knowing what the codes were. Either rescan the vehicle for codes or look into the spark plug wires.

3. Engine management light