Q: It is overheating 2012 Dodge Journey

I changed the two thermostats and made sure that the ant-freeze is full and it seamed like it was working but I took it to work and it started to get hot it was at 250 so I pulled over and got towed home so to day I went out side and started it up at it was at 100 degrees then it went to 230 and the fan was not coming on but then I turned the air on then the fan came on but it was still getting hot not lowing it so what could it be hope u can tell me something I can check or do to fix it bc I leave for vacation at the end of the month and don't want to rent a car I just want this one fixed

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - the first task is to be sure you have bled all the air out of the system after changing the thermostat and refilling the reservoir. This includes running the engine at a fast idle for 10-15 minutes, with the heater running full blast (max heat, max fan), the coolant reservoir off, until air bubbles are no longer coming out of the system (there may be other air bleed points for your vehicle to eliminate trapped air). Trapped air will cause overheating as easily as any component failure. I recommend a cooling system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr