There's moisture around the oil pan gasket 2010 l4-2.4l l...

Q: There's moisture around the oil pan gasket

asked by on September 24, 2017

Moisture around the oil pan gasket but not leaking

There are three classes of oil leaks. Class 1 is evidence or oil but not active drips or leaks. Class 2 is evidence of oil drip forming but no active drips in 5 minutes. Class 3 leak is an active leak that is visually leaking more than one drop in less than 65 minutes. If you have a seepage with no active leaks the you have a class 1 leak and need to only have it inspected for cause and may not need a repair at this time. I have seen where when an oil filter was removed it leaks oil onto the lip for the oil pan and will look like a leak. Have the area cleaned and monitored for more seepage.