Q: Reset CHANGE OIL indicator light

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar, 3.8L engine - manufactured April 2000. After oil change - I have followed instructions in manual - to reset Change Oil indicator - with no success. On-line instructions provide same instructions - no success. Please help.

Push "Setup" on the Windstar’s dash control pad. The screen next to the speedometer will read "Press Reset for Sys Check."

Press "Reset" on the control pad. The display will now read "Oil Life % Hold Reset New."

Hold "Reset" for two seconds. The message now changes to "New Oil Hold Reset."

Hold "Reset" for another two seconds. You’ll hear the system chime. The oil life will reset to "100 Percent."

This is referenced right from the Winstar’s owners manual. If the problem still persists then have the system checked by a YourMechanic expert who can reset the oil change indicator light at your convenience.

3. Reset CHANGE OIL indicator light