Q: My van wont shift when I get to 30pmh.

My van wont shift when I get to 30pmh. My rpms just go up but wont shift sometime it happens at 20mph too. One I can get it above 30 it's better will shift. Even if I stop at a light but will only take a few seconds to shift. If I let it sit on or off for more then a few mins we r back at square one trying to get above 30. Last time I drove it it took 15 mins and 5 miles to shift above 30 its an automatic

This may be a result of low transmission fluid or potentially a faulty transmission control module. A faulty transmission control module may cause a delay in acceleration or erratic shifting of gears. The transmission control module has various sensors such as vehicle speed sensors, wheel speed sensors, throttle position sensors, turbine speed sensor, and transmission fluid temperature sensors that all direct information to it in order for it to perform it’s function. Other functions controlled by the TCM are components such as a kick down switch, traction control system, and cruise control module. Any of these may also affect the way the transmission control module performs and controls the transmission and the shifting of your vehicle. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your transmission problem.