Q: 1-2 second delay in acceleration when put to drive or reverse without pressing the gas. Jerking while in traffic

When I drive slow in traffic and want to accelerate my car jerks for 2-3 seconds and then is normal. When I slow down it jerks, but not everytime. When I put it in drive it delays for 1-2 seconds before picking up speed without me pressing the gas

Hi there, thanks for writing in. When this occurs it can be caused by an engine hesitation or a transmission problem. From my experience this is a transmission issue. There are a lot of problems with the transmission in this vehicle. I usually scan the computer for codes first. If there are any codes then that can assist in diagnosing the issue. If there are no codes then I check the transmission fluid. It sounds like it is low. If it is then I drain and refill the fluid. Unfortunately it is hard to refill this transmission without special tools. If you want to have this acceleration issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

• 1-2 second delay in acceleration when put to drive or reverse without pressing the gas. Jerking while in traffic