Q: check engine light and car shuddering

2009 volkeswagen jetta GLI

Codes: P2279, p0171, p2015, p0300 p0301, p0302, p0303, p0304

check engine light and epc light are on and the car shudders at lower speeds, first couple minutes of driving and now that it's getting colder. Also I've recently replaced the spark plugs and coil packs

A: Hi there: After looking into the first err...

Hi there:

After looking into the first error code you posted, the vibration and shaking issues on your VW are most likely caused by a vacuum leak. The P2279 OBD-II code indicates that the ECU has detected a vacuum leak into the engine. This means that unmetered air is entering the engine without the engine sensing it going through the mass air flow sensor and throttle body. There are multiple engine components and sensors that might be causing this issue to occur, which is why you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine is shaking or vibrating inspection first; so they can pinpoint what’s damaged.