The car idles poorly as if it would stall, Check Engine L...

Q: The car idles poorly as if it would stall, Check Engine Light on

asked by on August 30, 2016

The car has been having idling issues, for which I went to the dealership several times already but they still haven't fix the problem. The dashboard is showing the check engine light as well. The car idles up to 1000 RPM, when I keep applying the clutch to the max with my foot on the brake pedal. Then, the RPM drops down to around 450 and the car starts shaking. It seems as if it would stall. I'm concerned that this might happen somewhere on the road. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Hello. Problems with camshaft gears are common for these cars, which may cause the Check Engine Light to come on and cause the problematic idle. The Check Engine Light codes should be able to identify faulty systems to help shed light on the problem. For this problem. It is possible that the dealer that you were going to was not through in their inspections. To have the idling issue addressed, I would recommend having the Check Engine Light inspected by a certified technician in order to pinpoint the problem and make necessary repairs.