Q: When I turn sharp left and accelerate from a stop there is a grind at a certain point in the turn.

asked by on November 16, 2017

When turning left and accelerating after stopped there is a certain point in the turn that has a grinding sound. It only happens during the left turns when there is weight distributed to the right side of the car. If I take left turns slowly the grinding noise does not happen. The sound seems to be coming from the area of the right wheel. It sounds like at a certain point in the turn that the wheel is rubbing against something in the wheel well or there is something in the wheel well that is grinding against something at that point in the turn.

I suspect that you have a bad wheel bearing in the right front hub and when pressure is put on it in turns the bearing is grinding or the brake rotor is rubbing the caliper bracket. Have the brakes and bearings checked to see if one or both need replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr