Q: My dashboard lights and taillights are not working.

Could my headlight switch cause my dashboard lights and taillights to go out. I changed the taillights bulbs. Im not getting power from my illumination and drl fuse.

The headlight switch will generally control parking lights, headlights, running lights and high beams. If you are getting power up to the switch and the components do not work, the fault may be in the switch or there is a bad ground in the circuit. Power in one side of the fuse, but not out of the other side is an indication that the fuse has blown and must be replaced. If fuses keep blowing, there may be a short to ground in the circuit. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at your inoperative lighting and offer a more personal diagnosis.