Q: Advice on painting a car?

I'm a 14 year old who wants to be a mechanic. I'm a freshman in high. I was wondering what I should use to paint my 1965 ford econoline.

Hey there! It’s great that you want to become a mechanic! Paint jobs are great ways to start getting use to working with cars.

In order to prepare a vehicle for a good paint job, there is a lot of preparation work that needs to be done. This starts with sanding and prepping the body using primer and occasionally some body filler as needed in order to set the stage for a good paint to adhere to the body. For more in-depth instructions on painting a car, read our article on "How to Paint a Car Yourself" and perhaps find some good videos online to get a nice visual for how you can paint a car yourself.

3. Advice on painting a car?