Q: Where is the neutral safety switch located on a 2005 Chevy impala

I need to know he exact location of the neutral safety switch on a 2005 Chevrolet Impala base model. 3.4l v6. Thank you.

The switch is mounted on the top of the transmission case and is visible as you look down into the right rear portion of the engine compartment (as you stand facing the front grille). It will be roughly below the brake master cylinder. You will see the switch held to the transmission case by two bolts and you will clearly see the transmission range selector cable (black) attached to a 3 inch (roughly) long lever that is held on by a nut to a shaft that runs through the switch. If you need assistance with regard to this component, please request service via YourMechanic’s neutral start safety switch service request page. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will diagnose and resolve whatever issue you are facing, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Where is the neutral safety switch located on a 2005 Chevy impala