Q: Pinpointing an oil leak - part coming off of the engine toward the back on the passenger side

It's toward the back/bottom of the engine, underneath the air filter assembly. It looks like the part is made from aluminum. I'd guess it's part of the exhaust system except I don't know how oil would be in there since it seems to be separate from the engine. A loud ticking sound comes from this unit (I think) when the engine is shut off after it's been running for a while. There is burned/dried oil on a corner of this unit closest to the engine but nothing directly above it that could be dripping on it... Trying to figure out whether that part could be the source of the oil leak.

A: Hello. From your description, it sounds lik...

Hello. From your description, it sounds like you are referring to the turbo intercooler. It is common over time for oil to build up in here due to wear in the turbo charger. I usually check the oil in the intercooler. If there is a lot, then the turbo may need to be replaced. I also check the PCV system for proper operation. If it is not functioning, then this will also occur. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to pinpoint the leak and assist with repairs.