Q: Rats eating air filter and particles falling into the carbureator?Have dogs & cats-avoid poison if possible!

Since November of 2016, I have replaced 3 air filters on my 95 4-cylinder standard transmission truck. Particles from the air filter eaten by the rats have fell into the carbureator and I have to dig them out. What can I do to stop rats from eating the filter?

Believe it or not, this is not the first time I’ve dealt with this. Mice and rats can do a lot of damage to a car, especially if it is parked for an extended period of time. It may be possible to fashion a screen to fit over your air intake, but if the rats are so used to hanging out in your truck, they might move on and start chewing on the electrical wiring next. You either need to get rid of them or park your truck somewhere else. I get it about not wanting to put out poison, but if you have cats, I’d say they’re not doing their job. I’ve had some success with live traps, but then you are stuck with a rat and you have to figure out what to do with it. If you need help with this thing after the rats get done with it, you can contact your mechanic for carburetor and wiring repairs

3. Rats eating air filter and particles falling into the carbureator?Have dogs & cats-avoid poison if possible!