Q: ignition is turning over but car won't start up

The ignition will turn over but the car will not start. Lots of hesitation. Lights work, radio works, windows work. The terminals have some corrosion. The starter for this car has been replaced three times already. We don't know if it is the starter or the terminals. Thanks for your help.

Hi there. From the description you have provided, your vehicle will turn over but the car will not start with lots of hesitation, is somewhat confusing. Assuming, the starter is turning the engine over but, not well (lots of hesitation). It could be, the corrosion at the battery terminals preventing the starter from properly working. It could be, the battery is weak. It could be, faulty battery cables preventing the starter properly working. It could be, the flex-plate ring gear has bad teeth, which the starter drive engages during cranking. It could be, the starter is faulty again. The cranking RPM (revolutions per minute) needs to be at least 150-250 RPM for the engine to properly start. I recommend having your vehicle’s no start be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.