Q: Sporadic ticking sound from the front of the car

My Daughters new used car. Ticking sound from front of car. Her description below. It happens when I’m in slow moving traffic… accelerating, decelerating and sometimes breaking and it is in the front of the car at least that is what it sounds like. It happens probably 10 times on my 30 minute drive work. Only have really noticed when going straight! Just sometimes it happens to be while im braking. I don’t think it is because I am braking though

Hi there. Based on your description there may be an axle, wheel bearing, or simply something in the hubcap/centercap. A quick visual inspection of the axle boots will determine if this may be a possible cause; no leaks usually indicates no potential problems. A wheel bearing that could be just beginning to fail could also be the cause of this and a quick sound check may help determine if this may be a possibility; this one is not as accurate as having a qualified technician inspect the bearings. If neither of these produce a result, then remove the hubcap or wheel assembly and check for a small rock or piece of debris that may have been caught inside. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a noise while driving inspection and provide a direction of repair.

3. Sporadic ticking sound from the front of the car