Q: Battery died. Now can't get into my car to pop the hood and charge it.

I've tried using the key to manually unlock the door. No luck. Can't pop the hood without getting inside. Can't pop the hatch either

Hi there. The car could have made the door latches locked out. This prevents the doors from opening during an event of power loss during an accident. This happens, but the mechanical key should still open the doors. If the doors will not open for the locks being lock and not unlocking due to loss of power, then you can raise up the vehicle and put a battery charger on the starter cable and on the frame away from the starter. This will give the battery enough power to unlock the doors and pop open the hood. Then unplug the battery charger and unhook it from the car. Not really suggested to use jumper cables for this situation as it can damage the other vehicle. If you need further assistance with opening your hood with the battery dead, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Battery died. Now can't get into my car to pop the hood and charge it.