Q: Dpf, emission control and glow plug light showing on dash

The dpf light recently showed on the dash, after checking the manual I tried to regenerate the filter by driving at 2000+ revs for 10 minutes. The dpf light still shows but the emission control light has appeared along with a flashing glow plug light. There is also a loss of power. I assume this means the filter has become blocked. Can you please advise if this can be cleaned rather then replaced and approx how much this would cost? Thanks

You will need to have a mechanic or dealer that has the correct scanner that can communicate with your vehicle to run the DPF soot clean and reset procedure on your vehicle and reset the soot level to zero to turn out the light. You may have waited too long before you did the clean and now it will require special reset procedures. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can inspect the light and follow through with any procedures.

3. Dpf, emission control and glow plug light showing on dash