Q: Front Axle Clanking Sounds

My car is shimmying on the front end. When I speed up past a certain point, my steering wheel shakes both clockwise and counterclockwise. If the car is stopped and I try to turn the wheel either way, I hear an audible clank coming from the front of the car. I have had someone jack it up and listen, and they determined the sound was coming from the middle of the front axle. We couldn't visually see any damage or anything that would cause the noise. What could be causing this?

A: The front axle joints may be bad and bindin...

The front axle joints may be bad and binding from worn out ball bearings in the constant velocity (CV) joint. You may also have wheel bearing and ball joint issues and possible struts. All these could be possible causes of the problem you are having. I recommend having a qualified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come out to your home or business to diagnose the axle noise and recommend the best path to repair.