Q: Won't shift past 2nd gear . It drives normal to 2nd gear but wont shift into 3r - 2000 Ford F150 4x4

I have a 2000 f150 4x4 5.4L. I had it in 4 low while driving through thick snow one night. I got close to the house and was stopped on my corner and tried to go ahead and shift out of 4 wheel drive but couldn't turn dial it was being difficult. Finally it turned back to regular 2x2 drive but it was hard and it made a clumping sound when it did. When I drove the truck the next day it shifted from first to second gear fine but will not shift to third gear. What happened? Did something happen when I shifted out of 4 wheel drive the night before?
My car has an automatic transmission

A: Hello - I don't think this is related t...

Hello - I don't think this is related to switching back to 2WD per se. There is a shift position sensor on the side of the transmission, and it's possible that the snow activity caused moisture and/or dirt to get into the sensor. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.