Q: Won't shift past 2nd gear . It drives normal to 2nd gear but wont shift into 3r - 2000 Ford F150 4x4

I have a 2000 f150 4x4 5.4L. I had it in 4 low while driving through thick snow one night. I got close to the house and was stopped on my corner and tried to go ahead and shift out of 4 wheel drive but couldn't turn dial it was being difficult. Finally it turned back to regular 2x2 drive but it was hard and it made a clumping sound when it did. When I drove the truck the next day it shifted from first to second gear fine but will not shift to third gear. What happened? Did something happen when I shifted out of 4 wheel drive the night before?
My car has an automatic transmission

Hello - I don’t think this is related to switching back to 2WD per se. There is a shift position sensor on the side of the transmission, and it’s possible that the snow activity caused moisture and/or dirt to get into the sensor. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Won't shift past 2nd gear . It drives normal to 2nd gear but wont shift into 3r - 2000 Ford F150 4x4