Q: I have a 2007 Ford Focus. The serpentine belt broke causing my check engine light to come on as well as my battery light.

asked by on November 12, 2017

I have a 2007 Ford Focus. The serpentine belt broke causing the check engine light and the battery light to come on. I replaced the belt. The battery light went off but check engine light is still on. Will I need to have the codes cleared or is there a way to reset the codes? Or does this mean there is another problem. Literally just had alternater tested and was fine but code comes back as alternator since belt broke. Help.

You will have to have the computer scanned to get the codes stored to see if there is only codes pertaining to the low voltage condition and have codes cleared using the scanner and then see what codes return. If no codes return then repair is complete.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr