Q: 2011 Prius. Check hybrid system. Car still turns on. Just very little power. Barely get to 45 mph.

asked by on April 18, 2017

Was driving down. The freeway in traffic. Once traffic cleared I pressed the gas. Just after pressing the gas I felt a sudden drop in power and the check hybrid system light come on. Also the orange triangle, check engine light, Hill brake light, and exclamation within a circle light. The car starts up fine. Just car runs really slowly. Barely get to 45 and feels like engine is revving really high. Just getting no power out of the car.

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Virtually every system on a Hybrid is computer controlled or monitored, which means that the best way to diagnose this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a warning light inspection. When that orange triangle is illuminated, it means an error code has been created and stored in the cars ECU. The only way to pinpoint the source, is to have the professional mechanic download the codes with a digital scanner. Once they complete this inspection, they will be better prepared to find the reason why your Toyota is experiencing issues.