Q: I scanned my mercedes ML 250 CDI 4Matic W166 with icarsoft MB 2 scanner. Its showing trouble code U144f00. What does it mean ?

I scanned my mercedes ML 250 CDI 4Matic W166 with icarsoft MB 2 scanner. Its showing trouble code U144f00. What does it mean ?

The fault being reported is within a Controller Area Network (CAN) function (wiring or device) but the code itself is generic. According to MB, the particular scanner that you are using will have an accompanying description of the code as well as additional more specific MB codes that we can look up. If you let us know of the complete string from the scanner, we can interpret it for you in conjunction with any vehicle symptoms you are observing. Your most efficient option would be to request a check engine light diagnostic. During such a diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would retrieve all the diagnostic trouble code(s) from your car’s PCM that have caused the check engine light to illuminate. Using those codes, the appropriate individual vehicle components or sub-systems (often a sensor, circuit, and the like) are tested to pinpoint the cause of the fault or the reason why the check engine light has illuminated. Once the faulty part or component is identified, it is explained to your satisfaction and the mechanic will let you know of the cost to repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.