Q: Why does my 2005 Ford Mustang make a rattling and knocking noise

Okay well my mustang, has now started this noise. From the passenger side. It's a light knocking sound and if I rev it up and let of the gas it rattles before idling rough. Slowly everyday it gets worse it seems. To where it's stalling in neutral on a manual car and idleing like it's gonna cut out. Any ideas? I replaced the cam phaser now the sound sounds a bit different with the new phaser. I've checked the lifters lash adjusters rocker arms no scratches all perfectly fine.

Hello. Most of the time this is caused by an issue with the timing chain or chain tensioners. The front of the engine would need to be disassembled in order to locate where the noise is coming from. Most of the time the timing chains and tensioners will need to be replaced. If you need some help finding the cause of this noise, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose where the noise is coming from] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/noise-from-engine-or-exhaust-inspection

3. Why does my 2005 Ford Mustang make a rattling and knocking noise