Q: How do you use the heated seats?

How do you use the heated seats?

If your Altima is equipped with heated seats (only available on certain trim levels), this system can provide additional comfort, particularly during cold weather. Using the system isn’t particularly difficult, either. Here’s what to do:

1. Locate the heat seater button (there should be two – one for the driver seat and one for the front passenger seat).

2. Press the desired level of heat (up for high and down for low).

3. The heater will turn off by itself when it reaches a specific temperature. It will turn back on by itself when the temperature drops (so long as the switch is on).

4. If you want to turn it off before it automatically shuts off, just flip the switch manually (this will turn the heater off completely).

Tips

• Don’t use the seat heater for long periods.

• Don’t use the heater if there’s no one sitting in the seat.

• If the system doesn’t seem to be working, turn it off and have it inspected.