Q: Car won't start in hot weather

I'm having a problem with summer heat and my car not starting. It started happening when the weather started getting hotter. I have to wait at least 10-15 minutes before it will start. What will fix this?

One possible cause of this issue could be the ignition control module or ignitor. Once they age, they are very susceptible to heat and temperature.

Another possibility could be a main relay as well. Fault codes should be read out first and those items corrected, then the ignition system should be looked at.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and knowledge to diagnose your no start issue, and find the necessary steps to correct it.