Q: Whistle noise from air conditioner

I am about to buy a used car, but I noticed a noise like a whistle when I turn on the air conditioner. I was wondering how much would cost to fix it. The noise stops as soon as the air is turned off, and the higher is the power the more probable is to hear the noise.

Thanks for the help Andrea

Without hearing the noise myself I would say the noise is due to the blower motor is noisey and need to be replaced. The noise may be from debris in the blower motor and it needs to be cleaned out ot the a/c inlet filter is clogged and needs replaced. You should have a vehicle pre purchase inspection done before you commit to buying the vehicle so you are not blindsideded with problems you did not see or hear.

3. Whistle noise from air conditioner