Q: Driving while missing a lug nut and stud

2 days ago my ford raptor was in for tire rotation and wheel balancing. Today while driving home the car started to shake, I pulled over and found the drivers side front tire was missing a lug nut and stud, as well as all the other lug nuts were very loose. I tightened all the other lug nuts and came home. I would like to know if it is safe to drive the truck to the dealer that rotated and balanced the tires, it is about 80 miles from where I live, all highway miles.

Hello there, driving your 2014 Ford F-150 with a missing lug nut and wheel stud is not safe. Without all the lug nuts attaching the wheel it cannot be properly torqued in a safe manor. Your vehicle should not be driven until the wheel stud is replaced and the lug nut reattached. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to inspect your wheel stud and make any repairs required to make your truck safe again.