Q: Engine losing power, gas pedal unresonsive

My car has been running fine, no problems. However, while driving the other day, the dashboard suddenly showed the traction control light on. Soon after that, there was also the check engine light illuminated. The engine seemed to lost power but it didn't turn off. I tried applying the gas pedal, but it was unresponsive. After I let it sit for about 20 minutes, I managed to continue driving. The check engine light was still on. During that same drive, the traction control light turned on again. At that point, the same thing happened and the engine lost power. Then, I let it sit longer than the first time. I started it up and managed to drive the remaining 10 miles. The dashboard was still showing the check engine light on. Is my engine going out or is it something else causing this?

Hello there, a few common faults can cause these type of symptoms. The most common would be the vehicle going into limp mode, a fuel pump problem, bad spark plugs, faulty MAF sensor, a vacuum leak, or faulty oxygen sensor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your engine’s loss of power and perform any repairs required.

3. Engine losing power, gas pedal unresonsive