Q: Check engine light

I recently replaced the coolent temperature sensor about a week ago and today the check engine light came back took it autozone they said the sensor i just replaced was most likely bad i bought it brand new is this a possibility the car is a buick lucerne 2007

A: Without additional detail as to the symptom...

Without additional detail as to the symptoms of the car and how it is running, this may be difficult to diagnose. The coolant temperature sensor is generally something that when not working properly, will cause the car to run hot. Outside of this however, there a number of reasons that may cause the check engine light to come on. If you'd like, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a Check Engine Light is on Inspection on your vehicle to help you diagnose and repair this issue.