Q: I have a 2010 saturn outlook XE AWD, I have noticed that my temperature gauge goes from 210 to 235 while I drive over 70 mph

asked by on September 14, 2016

My car's temperature gauge goes from 210 to close 235, when I start driving over 70 mph. Then it it will drop back to normal while going down hill or slower speeds. I have the thermostat replaced already, almost a year ago. Is it the thermost at again?

Pressure Test Radiator Cap $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may have a problem with the radiator not flowing through all the channels and this will cause the engine to run hotter at higher speeds. You may also want to check the radiator cap to see if it is holding pressure as specified. Your transmission also runs hotter at this speed and will heat the coolant up more since the cooler goes through the radiator. Make sure the front of the radiator is clean and free of bugs and debris, and the fins are straight. If you notice this problem getting any worse, have a certified technician diagnose the overheating issue in person in order to have it corrected.