Q: Will the check engine light cut off automatic

I may have solve the problem, but don't know for sure. Do I disconnect the battery to cut the check engine light off or will it go off automatic?

In some rare instances your check engine light may disappear by unhooking the battery, however this is not recommended since doing this may be avoiding a potentially more serious problem temporarily by clearing the code this way. If there is in fact something wrong, the check engine light will almost always reappear as soon as the computer is able to re-calibrate and run through a series of checks. Your check engine light may come on for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or wires and many other reasons. Due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best and most efficient way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.

3. Will the check engine light cut off automatic