Q: Will a sticking valve burn out my variable valve timing solenoid?

my Nissan has a sticking valve. Recently the check engine light came on and the code pops up replace variable valve timing solenoid. My question is would the sticking valve cause the failure of this solenoid

A: Hi there. Typically a sticking valve does n...

Hi there. Typically a sticking valve does not cause the VVT solenoid to fail, but it can increase vacuum pressure inside the motor that will lead to other timing related issues, which can trigger the same error codes.

Anytime you have a cylinder head hardware issue, or any other mechanical problems, it’s important to have a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine exactly why the Check Engine Light is on before additional damage occurs.