Q: how to replace a oil pan gasket on a 2000 chevy silverado

asked by on March 06, 2017

how to replace a oil pan gasket on a 2000 chevy silverado

Oil Pan Replacement $258.67 - $1218.39 Get a Quote

Oil pan and/or pan gasket replacement on this vehicle has to be performed with the Factory Service Manual in hand. There are just simply too many steps, and too much detail to re-count it all here, not to mention the sealing instructions and the torque specifications. Just to give you some indication of the extent of it, you have to remove the under body shield, the structural cross member, inner axle housing nuts, differential carrier upper mounting bolt and nut, and so forth. If you desire than the pan or the gasket be replaced, simply request oil pan replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.