I changed my spark plugs and ignition coils and now my ca...

Q: I changed my spark plugs and ignition coils and now my car wont start it just clicks i have a 2002 jaguar s type v6 3.0

asked by on May 10, 2017

I changed my ignition coils and spark plugs,when i first got done i turned my car on and it made a clacking noise,so i turned it off then i tried to turn it back on and now it wont start it just clicks when i turn my key

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several issues that may have occurred. The first step is to make sure the ignition wires are installed correctly, and that you did not mix up the firing order. You can do damage to the engine if it is run like this. Hopefully this has not happened, but now you are going to have a few extra steps before you should restart the vehicle. Once you verify and correct the spark plug wires and the firing order, use a wrench to make sure the engine is not locked up. You will also want to make sure your battery is fully charged. Once you are sure of all three things, try to restart the car. If it does not turn over, have it inspected by a technician. If it does turn over, keep an eye on it for the first few days. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.