Q: replaced automatic transmission on 04 outback H6. All done, but no action from starter what so ever. Battery is fully charged.

Have replaced transmission (auto) on 040 outback with the 3.0 battery has full power, everything works but the starter. It doesnt do anything at all. I have adjusted and even replaced the inhibitor thinking it may be the problem. checked ignition fuses too. doubled checked all the wire connections that were removed when transmission swap was completed. Engine ran great prior to swap, not sure what else could be the problem?

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Check for battery voltage to the push on terminal on the starter solenoid with the key held in the start position. If the heavy gauge starter positive cable has no voltage drop, and there is battery voltage to the solenoid with the key in the start position, and yet the starter doesn’t work, replace the starter. If there is no power to the solenoid with the key held in the start position, the procedure is to trace the starter circuit. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these possibilities (faulty motor versus a faulty circuit) is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.